Creamy baked salmon with herbs is delicious, juicy and great when paired with a rice dish, pasta or roasted potatoes.
This recipe uses fresh caught salmon; whether you caught it yourself or purchased it. Fresh fish can be kept in the refrigerator up to 3 days but it is much better if you can use it the same day. Baking fish is a healthy alternative to fried fish even though I love them both. This is an original recipe that is not only healthy but also delectable with lots of fresh herbs and spices.
You will enjoy the soft yet firm texture, the creamy taste that melts in your mouth and the delicate aroma of the herbs and spices.
4 salmon fillets
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
1 teaspoon fresh basil chopped
1 teaspoon dried dill
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon mustard
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F;
2) Wash the fish in cold water to remove any loose scales or debris;
3) Cut lemon in half and squeeze over fish fillet, a gently rubbing in the lemon juice. Let sit;
4) Mix all other ingredients in a bowl;
5) Drain the salmon fillets and place in a 9”X13” non-stick baking dish;
6) Rub the cream mixture evenly over the salmon fillets ensuring they are well covered with the mixture;
7) Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes;
8) Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes;
9) Serve with rice or pasta, or other of your choice.
Tips and Tricks:
1) Aluminum foil helps to keep the fish moist and release all the juices;
2) The lemon juice eliminates any fishy taste or smell and adds zest to the fish;
3) Whether you catch it or buy it, it is important that the fish is fresh when prepared. One way to check the freshness is to smell it;
4) Do a touch test to ensure the fish is firm and not soft;
5) Do not overcook. Take care that you check your baking times and temperatures.
Salmon is among the top fish for omega 3s and it is readily available. It is also considered one of the healthiest foods in the world due to its high protein content and omega 3 fatty acids.
Salmon is also popular due to its versatility and simplicity of preparation. Whether you bake it, fry it or grill it, you can always enjoy a mouth-watering dish made just the way you like it.
Share this post